The National Traction Engine Trust

Fowler 5872 also worked on land clearance for the State Government but was not fitted with Dreadnought wheels. Merilyn Todhunter has kindly added to the information. After a couple of years the engine was sold to a private owner and by 1925 was owned by A V (Toby) Carpenter at Gnowangerup. Until the late 1920’s it continued to be used for clearing tasks. In 1968 the Carpenter family loaned the engine to the Gnowangerup Historical Society and is now on display in Gnowangerup.

18 Nov 2010